JBL PartyBox 100
|Maximum music playing time (hrs)||12|
|Output power (W)||160W|
|TWS (True Wireless Stereo) connecting up to 2 party speakers using Bluetooth technology|
|Dimensions (cm)||29 x 28.8 x 55.1 (W x D x H)|
|Dimensions (in)||11.4 x 11.3 x 21.7 (W x D x H)|
Control Connect Specifications
|Wireless Connectivity||Bluetooth Technology|
Documents & Downloads
Quick Start Guide
What’s in the Box
- 1 x JBL Party Speaker
- 1 x Quick-Start Guide
- 1 x Warranty Card
- 1 x Safety Sheet
- 1 x AC Power Code (AC Plug varies by Region)
FAQs & How-Tos
Buttons unresponsive when plugged into a power sourceIf the buttons on your portable speaker are not working properly or are unresponsive while plugged into a power source, please try running the speaker on battery. If the buttons perform correctly while running on battery, this means your power supply is not providing enough current/amps. Be sure to use a power supply that has a rating equal to or greater than the amperage rating indicated in your product specs.
Speaker Phone InformationThis model does not feature an internal speaker phone and cannot be used for phone calls or other VoIP systems.
PartyBox TWS InformationIt is possible to pair two of the same model of JBL PartyBox speakers together through TWS (True Wireless Stereo) mode.
Connect just the left PartyBox with the chosen device first, with the right PartyBox turned off. The speaker that is connected first will automatically be the left channel. Now turn the right PartyBox on and continue with TWS pairing (detailed below).
A button (L/R) on the rear of the speakers is used to assign the correct channel to the speakers after pairing is made. *This can also be done using the Partybox app, compatible with the Partybox 310 only.
In order to activate TWS mode, press and hold the Bluetooth button on the first speaker until the notification chime sounds, about 5 seconds. Then press and hold the Bluetooth button on the second speaker until the notification chime sounds (as seen below). TWS mode is now activated. To disable TWS, press and hold the Bluetooth button on either speaker, or power off one speaker.
Please note: In order to achieve TWS mode, the speaker must be the same model with the exception of the PartyBox 200 and PartyBox 300 which can be paired together via TWS. You cannot achieve TWS with a PartyBox 1000 and a PartyBox 300. You cannot achieve TWS with a PartyBox 100 and PartyBox 200.
Connecting to your Car
It is very simple to connect to your Car with the JBL Partybox 200 or 300. Use the included cable that connects through the cigarette connector in your Car and power on the Partybox! Please note that the 12V connection does not charge the battery in the Partybox 300 - it will only power the Partybox when in use. To charge the battery, it will have to be plugged into AC power ( 110 - 230V )
Which Connections are Possible
Connecting a USB stick
- You can enjoy music from your USB Stick directly into the Partybox device.
- Insert the Stick into theport, located on the back of your Partybox.
- The USB Stick has to be formatted FAT16 or FAT 32 and supports MP3, WAVE and WMA Music files.
- It will start automatically playing the content on your USB stick.
- You can connect any devices through the analog connection
- Use an analog cable (Not included in the box) and connect your device.
- Press play on your external device and enjoy the music!
RCA Connection (*Partybox 200/300/1000 Only)
- The Partybox features both Input and Output RCA connection.
- Connect your RCA cable (not included) to either one of the ports.
- You can use it with your DVD/BlueRay player or AVR system.
Guitar and Microphone
- Connect your to the dedicated port or connect your electric to the
- You can mix sound or make your own karaoke party with your Partybox.
- Sing or play through your devices.
- To adjust the volume of the audio source, press volume+ or volume- buttons.
- To adjust the volume of the microphone or guitar, rotate the or
Charging external devices
- Whenever your mobile device needs some extra power, the Partybox can help you!
- Featuring a USB Charging port for both Music (USB on a stick) or when you need to charge your device.
- Simply connect your device to the port and start charging.
- NOTE: The Partybox 200 needs to be connected to AC power all the time to charge or function as a speaker.
- The Party 300/310 has a battery and can charge any device without needing AC power (unless the product's battery is depleted then you need to recharge via AC power).
There are many ways to enjoy your JBL Partybox On-The-Go, 100, 200, 300, 310 & 1000. The options are endless and you are in control of the party
How to Reset to Factory Settings
Resetting the Partybox to Factory Settings
- Press and hold "Play/Pause" and "Volume +" down for > 10 seconds.
- The JBL Partybox will power off and back on and is now reset.
What Bluetooth version is in the Partybox speakers?
All four Partybox models (100, 200, 300, 1000) use Bluetooth 4.2.
Singing while playing Bluetooth music
You can have your own Karaoke party with your JBL Partybox. Simply connect your Microphone (only included with the Partybox On The Go) and connect your mobile device over Bluetooth, then start playing music and sing along, it is that simple!
TWS Mode Capabilities and Restrictions
You can connect two of the same model (e.g. 2 x Partybox 310, or 2 x Partybox 100) Partybox speakers together in TWS Mode by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button on both speakers simultaneously for 5 seconds. However, it is only possible to pair one of each model of Partybox together using a wired connection (e.g. 1 x Partybox 310 and 1 x Partybox 100). If you connect an instrument or microphone to one PartyBox speaker while using TWS, the instrument or microphone connected to one speaker will be reproduced by this speaker alone. You will not hear the instrument or microphone in both speakers. If it is necessary to have instruments reproduced by two or more PartyBox speakers, it is possible to use an RCA cable – connected from the RCA outputs on the speaker that the instrument or microphone is connected to, wired to the RCA input of the secondary speaker. Alternatively a small mixing console can be used - connecting audio sources to this mixer and sending the mixed audio signal to the speakers with a wired connection.
How to create a Bluetooth connection with your mobile device
- Press the button on the Partybox to start the pairing process.
- Grab your device.
- Go to settings --> Bluetooth --> Enable Bluetooth -->
- Find the Partybox speaker you want to establish a Bluetooth connection to.
- You now have a successful connection and can stream your favorite music.
- NOTE: It is only possible to have two devices connected at the same time and if you want to listen through the second Bluetooth device then stop the current one from playing and use the second device.
- To stop Bluetooth broadcasting then insert a USB device.
How to play music through using a USB stick
- Get an empty stick with speed of 2.0.
- Make sure it is formatted with FAT16 or FAT32.
- Your Music files can only be: (32-320kbit/s), (32-320kbit/s) and (44.1K/48K/192K).
- The Partybox supports up to 8 subfolders.
- It will be played in alphabetic sequence with main folders first then subfolders.
- To skip songs forward, double press the Play/Pause button. To skip back, triple press the Play/Pause button.
Battery and Charging Issues
Many Harman Kardon, JBL and AKG products run on rechargeable batteries. In most cases, these batteries will provide years of excellent service and keep the music playing for many hours.
WARNING – the rechargeable batteries inside our products are not user-serviceable. Please do not attempt to open the product or replace the battery. Doing so will void your warranty.
Battery issues fall into three categories:
Your speaker or headphones run out of power after only a short time.
The speaker will not play at all because the battery will not hold a charge.
When you plug in the cable to charge your speaker, sometimes it charges and sometimes it does not- the red charging LED or other indicator might not come on.
Here are some things to try that often fix these issues.
It could be as simple as a bad USB charging cable. If you have other charging cables, give them a try. (Be sure that the cable has the same type of connector as the original one that came with your product.)
Same for the charger- if your product charges by USB, try a different USB charger. Be sure that it is rated at least 2.0a (2 amps) output.
Try other electrical outlets at your location to be certain it is not a local wiring issue.
Charge the product overnight for at least 8 hours.
When you plug the charging cable into the speaker or headphones, is the connector stable, or can it be wiggled around? If it can be wiggled, this could indicate that the charging port has been damaged or come loose. Sometimes wiggling the connection restores charging power.
IMPORTANT: Some products such as Xtreme, Xtreme 2, Boombox, Partybox 100 & 300, GO+Play and the Onyx Studio series do not use USB charging. Instead, they have a specialized charger. Do not attempt to charge these products with other cables or chargers.
If none of these fixes the issue, it could be that the battery has died or is losing its capacity, or that the charging connector on your speaker is damaged. Please contact us so we can assist you. Be sure to mention that you have tried the steps in this Battery & Charging FAQ so that our agents do not ask you to repeat these steps.
Is my Partybox Supported by the JBL Partybox App?This model is not supported by the JBL Partybox App.
Partybox Connection Information
The Partybox 310 cannot connect to other Partybox models such as the Partybox 100, 200, or 300 via TWS connection. The Partybox 310 can only connect to another Partybox 310 for TWS connection.
Unlike the Partybox 200 and 300, the 310 does not feature RCA connections.
Please Note: If you have multiple Partybox units, connection via daisy chain style using the Aux In/Out connections is possible.
PartyBox 1000 How To Videos
Wireless Microphone Information
The JBL Wireless Microphone set (currently EMEA only) allows 2 x wireless microphones* to be connected to any Partybox model through the use of a dongle connected to the Mic/Guitar jack input. Additionally a 3rd wired microphone, like the JBL PBM100 Wired Microphone, can also be connected to the Mic/Guitar jack input.
*This includes the Partybox On-The-Go, a maximum of 2 wireless microphones can be connected and used simultaneously. The standard bundled Partybox On-The-Go microphone can only be connected to the Partybox On-The-Go that it came bundled with, it also cannot connect wirelessly to any other Partybox models or portable speakers other than the Partybox On-The-Go that it came bundled with. Only one standard, bundled Partybox On-The-Go wireless microphone can be connected at a time, unless the JBL Wireless Microphone is purchased (sold separately), a spare part will only work as a replacement, not simultaneously.
PartyBox Model Mic Arrangement Ports Used MAX 100 1 Wired OR 2 Wireless (dongle) Mic Port 2 200 1 Wired OR 2 Wireless (dongle) Mic Port 2 300 1 Wired OR 2 Wireless (dongle) Mic Port 2 310 1 Wired AND 2 Wireless (dongle) Mic Port AND Mic/Guitar Port 3 1000 1 Wired OR 2 Wireless (dongle) Mic Port 2 On The Go 1 Wired AND 1 Wireless (pre-paired)
2 Wireless (dongle)
Mic Port AND Paired
Mic Port (pre-paired microphone will not work simultaneously when dongle used)
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Talk to a product expert
Call us now at: (800) 336-4525
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 11:00 pm (EST)
Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST)
Chat With Us
Mon - Fri - 9:00 a.m 11:00 p.m (E.T)
Sat - Sun - 9:00 a.m 5:00 p.m (E.T)