JBL Tune 230NC TWS
True wireless noise cancelling earbuds
Getting started with your JBL Tune 230NC TWS
Documents & Downloads
- Driver size (mm)
- Number of Microphones
- Driver sensitivity at 1kHz/1mW (dB)
- Dynamic frequency response range (Hz)
- 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Impedance (ohms)
- Charging Case Weight (oz)
- Earpiece Weight (oz)
- Charging Case Weight (g)
- Earpiece Weight (g)
- Bluetooth version
- Bluetooth profiles
- A2DP 1.3 , AVRCP 1.6 HFP 1.7
- Bluetooth frequency
- 2.4 GHz - 2.4835 GHz
- Bluetooth transmitted modulation
- GFSK, π/4-DQPSK, 8-DPSK
- Bluetooth transmitter power
- <12 dBm
- Charging time (hours from empty)
- Maximum music play time with ANC off (hours)
- Maximum music play time with ANC on (hours)
- Maximum play time (hours)
- IP Code
- Charging cable
- Ambient Aware
- Built-in Microphone
- Hands Free Call
- JBL Pure Bass Sound
- Sweat Proof
- Touch Control
- True Wireless
- Adaptive Noise Cancelling
- Active Noise Cancelling
- Water Resistant
- Charging case
- Rechargable battery
Pure Bass. Zero noise.
Tackle your day one song at a time with the JBL Tune 230NC TWS. True wireless earbuds give you 40 hours of exceptional JBL Pure Bass Sound, while the ergonomic and water-resistant design gives you all-day comfort in any weather. Connect calls simply and seamlessly with 4 mics that cancel out ambient noises offering perfect calls anywhere. And with Active Noise Cancelling and Smart Ambient technology, you choose whether you want to tune out the world or engage with your surroundings. The light stick-closed design ensures comfort all-day long. Best of all, the JBL Headphones App lets you personalize your entire listening experience. Stay connected to your world, your way.
FAQs & How-Tos
It is not uncommon to have charging problems with True Wireless headphones. You may encounter that charging stops, does not start at all or that one of the ear buds suddenly switches on and begins the pairing process. This is almost always caused by dirt on the metal charging contacts. These contacts are vulnerable because they can easily be contaminated by sweat, skin grease, or ear wax. They are usually gold plated, but gold plating does not prevent surface dirt.
If you have charging problems, the first step is to always clean all contact points, on each earbud and on the charging case.
You will need: cotton cloth or makeup swab, cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol. Also a pencil with eraser for further cleaning.
Use a cotton swab with some rubbing alcohol to clean the charging terminals of the headphones. Rotate the swab and scrub lightly on each contact surface, then use a cotton cloth to remove any dust and cotton residue left on the headphones. It is important to perform this process periodically to keep your headphones clean, thus avoiding affecting the charging speed/quality.
Wipe the contact pins in the charging case with a clean cotton swab. The swab can be slightly moistened with rubbing alcohol, but it is important that the interior is completely dry before closing the box. Use the cotton cloth and wait for it to dry.
Repeat until the contact points are visibly clean, and charging should work as designed.
Try cleaning the contacts with the tip of a pencil and the eraser at the end of the pencil, the graphite and rubber can help to re-establish charging also.
This procedure can be performed on all TWS earphones and cases.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
If you are experiencing issues getting the app to communicate with your headphones, (assuming you have already paired the headphones with the device) go into the communication apps audio settings. You will likely find the resolution there. You may have to set your headphones as the ‘communication device’ within the app you are using.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
• Always have clear line of sight between your Bluetooth device (speaker, headphones etc.) and source device (Smartphone/tablet/PC etc). Be aware of obstacles in front of your devices.
• Try to shutdown other products that have Bluetooth, but are not being used. They are often the reason for interference even though they are not being used.
• Do not stand too close to your Wi-Fi router since a Wi-Fi signal is stronger and in many cases will "overlap" the connection.
• Be aware of walls around you. Concrete and brick walls will often interrupt the signal, as it cannot pass through such thick walls.
• Bluetooth signals cannot travel through water, which includes the human body. Make sure with wireless headphones to keep your source device and the receiver on the same side of your body.
• Open spaces such as parks can cause issues for your devices, as open air is "bad" for any Bluetooth signal if it cannot reflect from objects around you.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
Double-tap the button on the right earbud, then on the third tap - press and hold the button for more than 5 seconds (until the unit shuts off).
This restores the earbuds to the factory defaults.
TWS must be connected to perform the reset, so neither of the earbuds should be off or in the charging case.
It also may be necessary to remove or forget the earbuds from the list of paired Bluetooth devices in order to pair again.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
This headphone is supported by the My JBL Headphones App.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
1. First, try to restart the Bluetooth connection on your source device (Smartphone/tablet/PC) by switching Bluetooth off and on again with a short pause in between.
2. "Forget" (remove) the previously paired connection (on your smartphone/tablet/PC) in your Bluetooth settings if you had once paired with your product.
3. Try to restart the source device (Smartphone/tablet/PC) by powering it off and on again and after restarting, try to establish a Bluetooth connection to your product.
4. If the above does not work, then try to restart your product (Portable speaker, Headphone) by turning it off and on again.
5. Press and hold down the Bluetooth button on your device (Portable speaker, Headphones) to initiate pairing mode again.
6. Go into the Bluetooth settings on your Smartphone/tablet or PC to start the pairing process.
You should now have a successful pairing with your device. If you are still experiencing issues, please contact us again.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
This unit is IPX4 rated, which means that it is sweatproof (suitable for working out) and can withstand water splashes from any direction. However, the unit is not waterproof and should never be submerged in water.
Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
Images & Videos
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Talk to a support agent
Call us now at: (800) 336-4525
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 11:00 pm (ET)
Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (ET)
Chat With Us
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 11:00 pm (ET)
Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (ET)