JBL Live 650BTNC
|Driver size (mm)||40.0|
|Driver sensitivity at 1kHz/1mW (dB)||100 dBSPL@1kHz/1mW|
|Dynamic frequency response range (Hz)||20Hz - 20kHz|
|Number of drivers per ear||1.0|
Control Connect Specifications
|Bluetooth profiles||HFP v1.6, A2DP V1.3, AVRCP V1.5|
|Bluetooth transmitted modulation||GFSK, _x001A_/4DQPSK, 8DPSK|
|Bluetooth transmitter power||0-4 dbm|
Documents & Downloads
Quick Start Guide
What’s in the Box
- 1 x JBL Live 650BTNC
- 1 x Charging Cable
- 1 x Aux Cable
- 1 x Carrying Pouch
- 1 x Quick Start Guide / Safety Sheet
- 1 x Warranty / Warning
FAQs & How-Tos
How do I install the JBL Headphones App?Open your preferred app store and search for the "My JBL Headphones" app. Download the App and open it.
Can my headphones be connected to two devices simultaneously?Yes, the headphones have Multipoint Connection, which allows you to switch seamlessly between the connected devices.
Can I disable Voice function?Yes, there are two ways to disable the voice assistant feature.
1) double tap the left ear cup, or 2) In the My JBL Headphones app, de-select both assistants.
Power and Pairing Information
Locate the power button on the back of the right ear cup. Gently slide the spring loaded power button up and release. Once turned on, it will display a solid white light. If this is your first time powering on the device it should automatically go into pairing mode, and will display a fast blinking blue light. Make sure the device you are attempting to connect to is in search mode. The headphones should pop up on your list of discoverable devices within 3-5 seconds, and connect. If you are attempting to pair to a different device, make sure headphones are turned on, and press and hold the Bluetooth button located at the bottom of the right ear cup. The headphone should display on your new device within 3-5 seconds on your list of discoverable devices.
aptX Audio Codec SupportThis headphone does not support aptX, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency audio codecs.
How do I reset my JBL headphones?With the headphones switched ON, press and hold both volume buttons for more than 5 seconds.
Your headphones are now reset to factory status.
How to avoid Bluetooth Interference or Interruptions• Always have clear line of sight between your Bluetooth device (speaker, headphones etc.) and source device (Smartphone/tablet/PC etc). Be aware of obstacles in front of your devices.
• Try to shutdown other products that have Bluetooth, but are not being used. They are often the reason for interference even though they are not being used.
• Do not stand too close to your Wi-Fi router since a Wi-Fi signal is stronger and in many cases will "overlap" the connection.
• Be aware of walls around you. Concrete and brick walls will often interrupt the signal, as it cannot pass through such thick walls.
• Bluetooth signals cannot travel through water, which includes the human body. Make sure with wireless headphones to keep your source device and the receiver on the same side of your body.
• Open spaces such as parks can cause issues for your devices, as open air is "bad" for any Bluetooth signal if it cannot reflect from objects around you.
Why can I not use Google Assistant in my country?
- The Google Assistant isn’t available in certain languages and countries. For countries without Google Assistant, you can double tap the left ear cup on the headphone to activate the native voice assistant on your mobile device.
Can I use Noise-Cancelling on my JBL LIVE 650BTNC without music?Yes, no problem.
Multi-Point Connection SupportThis product features Multi-Point Connection which allows you to be connect to two devices at the same time. Effortlessly switch from listening to music on your portable device to a call from your phone.
To connect to two devices at the same time:
1. Power on your product.
2. Make sure that the device you wish to connect to has the BT settings on and within range.
3. If this is the first time connecting your product, you will notice a flashing LED to indicate that it is searching for a device to connect to. (If this is not your first time, your product will automatically reconnect to the last device it was connected to)
4. Under your BT settings, go to discoverable devices and the product name should pop up within a few seconds. Depending on the device you are using, you may have to tap on the product to complete the connection.
5.Now that you are connected to the first device, push the BT button on the product to connect to the second device. The product should start searching for the second device by displaying a flashing LED.
6. Go to your BT settings on your second device. The product should pop up on your discoverable devices should pop up within a few moments.
(Please Note: If the product does not show up on your discoverable devices while it is in pairing mode, quickly turn off your BT settings and turn it back on. This will typically result in resetting the BT search in which your product should pop up on discoverable devices within a few moments)
Can I listen to music while charging?Yes, you can listen to music via cabled connection while you charge the battery. As soon as you insert the charging cable, all active circuits are switched off, and only the analog cable input remains active. When charging has finished, you can use the wireless and noise cancelling functions again.
Why can I not use Amazon Alexa in my country?
- Alexa is not available in all languages and countries. For countries without Amazon Alexa, you can double tap to activate the native voice assistant on your mobile device.
How do I use the Google Assistant with my headphones?
- For more information on what your Google Assistant can do, visit: assistant.google.com/platforms/headphones
What is a voice assistant?Voice assistants from Google and Amazon utilize artificial intelligence to quickly answer questions, communicate hands-free and provide notifications among many other helpful benefits.
Pairing issues with a Computer or PCIn most cases when a Computer/PC/Laptop has issues connecting to a Bluetooth device (Portable speaker, Headphones, Active speakers), it's caused by your Computer/PC/Laptop's Bluetooth driver (software).
The driver (software) should support the following Bluetooth protocols, to be able to play music/sound from your Computer/PC/Laptop:
• A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) driver for your Computer/PC/Headphones to transfer music.
• AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) driver to send skip/forward/pause/play music to your device
Always get the latest driver version available for your Computer/PC/Laptop.
To download the correct driver (software), visit the manufacturer's website of your Computer/PC/Laptop. They usually have a "Support/Download" section where you can find the correct driver. Otherwise, we advise you to contact their support.
The standard drivers provided by Microsoft/Windows system are not correct and will result in error messages (such as having to enter a PIN code), or pairing will not work.
What is the range of JBL LIVE headphones? How far can I go from the source device, while listening to my JBL LIVE headphones?The range is approximately 10 meters, depending on the environment.
How do I connect my headphone to Amazon Alexa on my device (iOS and Android)?
- Visit App store and download ‘Amazon Alexa’ App.
Can I place or answer telephone calls with my JBL LIVE headphones?Yes, you can use them for telephone conversations in both Bluetooth and wired mode when paired with a smart device.
Can I use both Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant with my JBL LIVE headphones?Yes, both voice assistants are supported by the JBL LIVE headphones.
Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant must be selected as the default voice assistant through the My JBL Headphones app.
The two voice assistants cannot be used simultaneously. You can always change your default voice assistant through the My JBL Headphones app.
Can I use the Voice Assistants without internet?
- No, your Voice Assistant operates in the cloud and needs to be connected to the internet. .
I cannot activate my voice assistant when touching the dedicated button.Please check that Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa are installed on your device.
Try to repeat the setup process.
Also, switching the headphones off and on once or twice may solve the problem.
Waterproof InformationThis product does not feature an IPX rating and is not waterproof. Over exposure to water or moisture can result in irreversible damage to this unit.
Headphones & Third Party Communication Apps (Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp, etc)
If you are experiencing issues getting the app to communicate with your headphones, (assuming you have already paired the headphones with the device) go into the communication apps audio settings. You will likely find the resolution there. You may have to set your headphones as the ‘communication device’ within the app you are using.
How do I use Amazon Alexa with my headphones?
- Single tap the left ear cup to engage Alexa.
For more information and things to try with Alexa, visit: and select ‘Use Alexa’.
Why is it that my headphone cannot be connected by ‘My JBL Headphones’ app?
- Please check if your headphone model is supported by ‘My JBL Headphones’ app. Supported JBL models are listed in the ‘My JBL Headphones’ app description in your App store.
How do I connect my JBL LIVE headphones to my device via Bluetooth?To pair the JBL LIVE headphones the first time, switch the headphone on, look for the blinking blue light indicating pairing mode. Switch on Bluetooth on your source device, find the JBL LIVE headphones in Settings > Bluetooth and confirm pairing. To pair the JBL LIVE headphones from the second time onwards, or to link them with a different device, press and hold the power button until the blue flashing light is visible.