JBL Boombox 2
|Output power (W)||2 x 40 W RMS-woofer + 2 x 40 W RMS-tweeter|
|Dynamic frequency response range (Hz)||50 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Dimensions (in)||19.1 x 7.9 x 10.1|
|Dimensions (cm)||48.5 x 20.1 x 25.7|
Control Connect Specifications
|Bluetooth profiles||A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6|
|Bluetooth frequency||2.402 GHz – 2.480 GHz|
|Bluetooth transmitted modulation||GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK|
|Bluetooth transmitter power||≤ 10 dBm (EIRP)|
Documents & Downloads
Quick Start Guide
What’s in the Box
- 1 x JBL Boombox 2
- 1 x JBL branded power adaptor
- 1 x Quick-Start Guide
- 1 x Safety sheet
- 1 x Warranty card
FAQs & How-Tos
NOTE: Speakers effected by this are the JBL Flip 5, JBL Flip 6, JBL Charge 5, JBL Pulse 4, JBL Xtreme 3, and JBL Boombox 2, as well as all future products featuring the PartyBoost feature.
The driver (software) should support the following Bluetooth protocols, to be able to play music/sound from your Computer/PC/Laptop:
• A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) driver for your Computer/PC/Headphones to transfer music.
• AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) driver to send skip/forward/pause/play music to your device
Always get the latest driver version available for your Computer/PC/Laptop.
To download the correct driver (software), visit the manufacturer's website of your Computer/PC/Laptop. They usually have a "Support/Download" section where you can find the correct driver. Otherwise, we advise you to contact their support.
The standard drivers provided by Microsoft/Windows system are not correct and will result in error messages (such as having to enter a PIN code), or pairing will not work.
This unit is IPX7 rated, which means that you can submerge the unit in water as deep as 3 feet (1 meter) for up to 30 minutes.
1. Improvements to Bluetooth connection stability.
2. Support for PartyBoost under aux-in connection.
3. Improvements for switching between PartyBoost and Stereo mode.
4. Improvements to firmware update stability with iOS.
5. Improvements to the stability of switching music between aux-in and Bluetooth connection.
The firmware update is installed as an OTA update:
1. Download and install the JBL Portable app from the Google Play/App Store, or simply update the app if you have already downloaded it.
2. Connect your Boombox 2 to your phone/tablet through Bluetooth.
3. Open the JBL Portable app and wait for the Boombox 2 to appear.
4. On the Boombox 2 screen, select settings (gear cog symbol).
5. Proceed with installing the firmware update.
The new Boombox 2 does not feature the Indoor/Outdoor Mode. With the first generation Boombox, the Outdoor Mode was loud, but lacking sufficient bass. The Boombox 2 has both improved bass and loudness to create the perfect balanced sound for all environments.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Talk to a product expert
Call us now at: +(662) 2560020
Mon - Fri - 9:00 a.m 6:00 p.m