JBL Boombox 2
Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Getting started with your JBL Boombox 2
Documents & Downloads
- Output power (W)
- 2 x 40 W RMS-woofer + 2 x 40 W RMS-tweeter
- Dynamic frequency response range (Hz)
- 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dimensions (in)
- 19.1 x 7.9 x 10.1
- Dimensions (cm)
- 48.5 x 20.1 x 25.7
- Weight (kgs)
- Weight (lbs)
- Bluetooth profiles
- A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
- Bluetooth frequency
- 2.402 GHz – 2.480 GHz
- Bluetooth transmitted modulation
- GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Bluetooth transmitter power
- ≤ 10 dBm (EIRP)
- Bluetooth version
- Charging time (hrs)
- Maximum music playing time (hrs)
- JBL PartyBoost
- Charging cable
- 3.5 mm audio cable Input
- Rechargable battery
Massive Sound. All Day Long.
Own the party. From backyard barbecues to weekend road trips, JBL Boombox 2 brings it with monstrous bass, bold design and up to 24 hours of play time. IPX7 waterproof and portable, this powerful speaker pumps out massive sound all day and all night. Plus, you can connect other JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers to turn the party up. JBL Boombox 2 keeps your friends dancing and its built-in powerbank keeps your devices charged. So you can groove from dusk till dawn and keep going strong!
FAQs & How-Tos
A new firmware version has been released for the Boombox 2 (Version 0.4.4.0), below is a list of improvements:
1. Improvements to Bluetooth connection stability.
2. Support for PartyBoost under aux-in connection.
3. Improvements for switching between PartyBoost and Stereo mode.
4. Improvements to firmware update stability with iOS.
5. Improvements to the stability of switching music between aux-in and Bluetooth connection.
The firmware update is installed as an OTA update:
1. Download and install the JBL Portable app from the Google Play/App Store, or simply update the app if you have already downloaded it.
2. Connect your Boombox 2 to your phone/tablet through Bluetooth.
3. Open the JBL Portable app and wait for the Boombox 2 to appear.
4. On the Boombox 2 screen, select settings (gear cog symbol).
5. Proceed with installing the firmware update.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
In power ON mode press and hold the "Volume +" and "Play" buttons at the same time for more than 3 seconds -> Unit will power Off by itself. Now the unit is reset to factory default.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
You cannot download the JBL Portable App on a PC. This app is only available on mobile devices.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
This unit is IPX7 rated, which means that you can submerge the unit in water as deep as 3 feet (1 meter) for up to 30 minutes.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!