JBL PartyBox 300
|Maximum music playing time (hrs)||18|
|Output power (W)||240W|
|Dimensions (cm)||31 x 32 x 69|
|Dimensions (in)||12.2 x 12.5 x 27.1|
Control Connect Specifications
|Wireless Connectivity||Bluetooth Technology|
|TWS (True Wireless Stereo) connecting up to 2 party speakers using Bluetooth technology|
Documents & Downloads
Quick Start Guide
What’s in the Box
- 1 x JBL Party Speaker
- 1 x Quick-Start Guide
- 1 x Warranty Card
- 1 x Safety Sheet
- 1 x AC Power Code (AC Plug varies by Region)
- 1 x 12V DC Cable
FAQs & How-Tos
Connecting to your Car
It is very simple to connect to your Car with the JBL Partybox 200 or 300. Use the included cable that connects through the cigarette connector in your Car and power on the Partybox! Please note that the 12V connection does not charge the battery in the Partybox 300 - it will only power the Partybox when in use. To charge the battery, it will have to be plugged into AC power ( 110 - 230V )
How to Reset to Factory Settings
Resetting the Partybox to Factory Settings
- Press and hold "Play/Pause" and "Volume +" down for > 10 seconds.
- The JBL Partybox will power off and back on and is now reset.
TWS Mode Capabilities and Restrictions
You can connect two Partybox speakers together in TWS Mode by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button on both speakers simultaneously for 5 seconds. If you connect an instrument or microphone to one PartyBox speaker while using TWS, the instrument or microphone connected to one speaker will be reproduced by this speaker alone. You will not hear the instrument or microphone in both speakers. If it is necessary to have instruments reproduced by two or more PartyBox speakers, it is possible to use an RCA cable – connected from the RCA outputs on the speaker that the instrument or microphone is connected to, wired to the RCA input of the secondary speaker. Alternatively a small mixing console can be used - connecting audio sources to this mixer and sending the mixed audio signal to the speakers with a wired connection.
How to control the Light shows
To control the Light show on your JBL Partybox device, simply press the dedicated "Light show" button located under the Bluetooth icon. There are 3 different light shows available when toggling through them, select your favorite one and have a blast. There is no app developed to control or modify these settings, all settings have to be done on the Partybox device.
How to play music through using a USB stick
- Get an empty stick with speed of 2.0.
- Make sure it is formatted with FAT16 or FAT32.
- Your Music files can only be: (32-320kbit/s), (32-320kbit/s) and (44.1K/48K/192K).
- The Partybox supports up to 8 subfolders.
- It will be played in alphabetic sequence with main folders first then subfolders.
- To skip songs forward, double press the Play/Pause button. To skip back, triple press the Play/Pause button.
Enabling or disabling Demo mode.
- Press the Play and Boost button at the same time for 5 seconds.
- Depending on what state your JBL Partybox is in, either you enter Demo mode or disabling it.
- NOTE: In Demo mode, you cannot use the JBL Partybox as most features and buttons are not working.
How to create a Bluetooth connection with your mobile device
- Press the button on the Partybox to start the pairing process.
- Grab your device.
- Go to settings --> Bluetooth --> Enable Bluetooth -->
- Find the Partybox speaker you want to establish a Bluetooth connection to.
- You now have a successful connection and can stream your favorite music.
- NOTE: It is only possible to have two devices connected at the same time and if you want to listen through the second Bluetooth device then stop the current one from playing and use the second device.
- To stop Bluetooth broadcasting then insert a USB device.
PartyBox TWS InformationIt is possible to pair two of the same model of JBL PartyBox speakers together through TWS (True Wireless Stereo) mode.
- Connect just the left PartyBox with the chosen device first, with the right PartyBox turned off. The speaker that is connected first will automatically be the left channel. Now turn the right PartyBox on and continue with TWS pairing (detailed below).
- A button (L/R) on the rear of the speakers is used to assign the correct channel to the speakers after pairing is made. *This can also be done using the Partybox app, compatible with the Partybox 310 only.
In order to activate TWS mode, press and hold the Bluetooth button on the first speaker until the notification chime sounds, about 5 seconds. Then press and hold the Bluetooth button on the second speaker until the notification chime sounds (as seen below). TWS mode is now activated. To disable TWS, press and hold the Bluetooth button on either speaker, or power off one speaker.
Please note: In order to achieve TWS mode, the speaker must be the same model with the exception of the PartyBox 200 and PartyBox 300 which can be paired together via TWS. You cannot achieve TWS with a PartyBox 1000 and a PartyBox 300. You cannot achieve TWS with a PartyBox 100 and PartyBox 200.
Partybox Connection Information
The Partybox 310 cannot connect to other Partybox models such as the Partybox 100, 200, or 300 via TWS connection. The Partybox 310 can only connect to another Partybox 310 for TWS connection.
Please Note: When it comes to the standard L/R Analog connection, daisy chain or RCA connection is possible.
Singing while playing Bluetooth music
You can have your own Karaoke party with your JBL Partybox. Simply connect your Microphone (only included with the Partybox On The Go) and connect your mobile device over Bluetooth, then start playing music and sing along, it is that simple!
The many different connections available
Connecting a USB stick
- You can enjoy music from your USB Stick directly into the Partybox device.
- Insert the Stick into theport, located on the back of your Partybox.
- The USB Stick has to be formatted FAT16 or FAT 32 and supports MP3, WAVE and WMA Music files.
- It will start automatically playing the content on your USB stick.
- You can connect any devices through the analog connection
- Use an analog cable (Not included in the box) and connect your device.
- Press play on your external device and enjoy the music!
- The Partybox features both Input and Output RCA connection.
- Connect your RCA cable (not included) to either one of the ports.
- You can use it with your DVD/BlueRay player or AVR system.
Guitar and Microphone
- Connect your to the dedicated port or connect your electric to the
- You can mix sound or make your own karaoke party with your Partybox.
- Sing or play through your devices.
- To adjust the volume of the audio source, press volume+ or volume- buttons.
- To adjust the volume of the microphone or guitar, rotate the or
Charging external devices
- Whenever your mobile device needs some extra power, the Partybox can help you!
- Featuring a USB Charging port for both Music (USB on a stick) or when you need to charge your device.
- Simply connect your device to the port and start charging.
- NOTE: The Partybox 200 needs to be connected to AC power all the time to charge or function as a speaker.
- The Party 300/310 has a battery and can charge any device without needing AC power (unless the product's battery is depleted then you need to recharge via AC power).
There are many ways to enjoy your JBL Partybox 200, 300, and 310. The options are endless and you are in control of the party
Is my Partybox Supported by the JBL Partybox App?This model is not supported by the JBL Partybox App.
How to find the software version
Finding the software version
- Press and hold the Volume- and Boost button down at the same time for 5 seconds.
- A voice will start prompting numbers which indicates the current software version.
Speaker Phone InformationThis does not feature an internal speaker phone and cannot be used for phone calls or other VoIP systems.
Buttons unresponsive when plugged into a power sourceIf the buttons on your portable speaker are not working properly or are unresponsive while plugged into a power source, please try running the speaker on battery. If the buttons perform correctly while running on battery, this means your power supply is not providing enough current/amps. Be sure to use a power supply that has a rating equal to or greater than the amperage rating indicated in your product specs.
What Bluetooth version is in the Partybox speakers?
All four Partybox models (100, 200, 300, 1000) use Bluetooth 4.2.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Talk to a product expert
Call us now at: (800) 336-4525
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 11:00 pm (EST)
Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST)
Chat with Us
24/7 help with your order and information about our products