JBL Flip 6
|Output power (W)||30|
|Dynamic frequency response range (Hz)||63 Hz - 20k Hz|
|Dimensions (in)||7 x 2.6 x 2.8|
|Dimensions (cm)||17.8 x 6.8 x 7.2|
Control Connect Specifications
|Bluetooth profiles||A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6|
|Bluetooth frequency||2400 MHz - 2483.5 MHz|
|Bluetooth transmitted modulation||GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK|
|Bluetooth transmitter power||< 10dBm (EIRP)|
Documents & Downloads
Quick Start Guide
What’s in the Box
- 1 x JBL Flip 6
- 1 x Type C USB cable
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
- 1 x Warranty Card/Safety Sheet
FAQs & How-Tos
NOTE: Speakers effected by this are the JBL Flip 5, JBL Flip 6, JBL Charge 5, JBL Pulse 4, JBL Xtreme 3, and JBL Boombox 2, as well as all future products featuring the PartyBoost feature.
How to reset
First, remove or forget the speaker from the list of paired Bluetooth devices in the settings of the phone or tablet.
Then, with the speaker powered on, press and hold the Volume + and Play buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds until the unit turns off.
The speaker has now been restored to factory default settings.
1. Turn on both speakers.
2. Connect your device to one of the two speakers via Bluetooth.
3. Start streaming music to that speaker (for best results play music on this speaker for more than 20 seconds before proceeding with the next steps).
4. Open the JBL Portable app.
5. Allow the app to detect the single speaker playing music.
6. Once detected, press the Connect/Partyboost button on both speakers.
7. Allow the app to identify both speakers.
8. Click the Partyboost button, you will see the option for Party or Stereo, select Stereo.
Please note: Stereo Mode can only be enabled when 2 of the same speaker model are used.
For example, you will not be able to achieve Stereo Mode with a Flip 5 and Flip 6, only Party Mode.
Also, it is not possible to pair speaker models with Connect and Connect+ together, or pair to speaker models with Partyboost.
The new PartyBoost does not support the previous Connect and Connect+ features. For example: You will not be able to successfully connect the new PartyBoost enabled Flip 5 with a Connect+ enabled speaker like the Pulse 3 or Flip 4. You will not be able to connect the Boombox 2 to the original Boombox speaker.
2. Press the Partyboost button on the first speaker.
3. Turn on the second speaker that you want to connect in Partyboost mode.
4. Now press the Partyboost button on the second speaker.
5. After a few seconds, both Partyboost speakers should connect and play together.
It can take a few seconds after music is started before sound will be heard from both speakers.
This is also the process for connecting more than two speakers in Party mode, simply turn on the other compatible speakers and press the Partyboost buttons.
Portable speakers with an Aux-in port, such as the Xtreme 3 and Boombox 3 - if connected through an Aux cable, should have less issues compared to using Bluetooth, however there can be issues with audio/video synchronization if used for this purpose.
Support for Bluetooth connectivity between a TV and speaker depends on a number of different factors such as Bluetooth & A2DP versions and Audio Codecs used by each device. This can vary based on the brand, model and age of the devices, however we cannot confirm if any specific combination of TV and speaker will work without issues such as latency or lip sync delay.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Talk to a product expert
Call us now at: (800) 336-4525
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 11:00 pm (EST)
Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST)
Chat With Us
Mon - Fri - 9:00 a.m 11:00 p.m (E.T)
Sat - Sun - 9:00 a.m 5:00 p.m (E.T)