JBL Bar 5.1 Surround
|Model||Bar 5.1 CNTR (Soundbar Unit), BAR 5.1 SUB (Subwoofer Unit)|
|Power supply||100 - 240V AC, ~ 50/60Hz|
|Soundbar output power (Max. @THD 1%)||5 x 50W|
|Subwoofer output power (Max. @THD 1%)||300W|
|networked standby power||<2.0W|
|Operating temperature||0°C - 45°C|
|BAR 5.1 SURROUND is in compliance with European Commission Regulation (EC) No 1275/2008 and (EU) No 801/2013.|
|Time to standby||<20minutes|
|* Standby||in the condition of all wireless connections of Soundbar are deactivated, if no provide any audio or video signal to the Soundbar unit, the Soundbar unit will automatically into standby mode in 10 minutes.|
|* Networked standby||in the condition of any wireless connection of Soundbar is activated, if no provide any audio or video signal to the Soundbar unit, the Subwoofer and Soundbar unit will automatically into networked standby mode in 10 minutes.|
|Any audio or video recover will bring device from standby to operation mode.|
|Total speaker power output (Max. @THD 1%)||550W|
|Frequency response||40Hz - 20KHz|
|Audio inputs||1 Optical, Bluetooth, USB (USB playback is available in US version. For other versions, USB is for Service only.)|
|MP3 Codec||MPEG 1 Layer 2/3, MPEG 2 Layer 3, MPEG 2.5 Layer 3|
|MP3 sampling rate||16KHz - 48 KHz|
|MP3 bitrate||80kbps - 320kbps|
|Soundbar transducer||5 x 4690” racetrack drivers +2 x 1.25” side-firing tweeters|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||1018 x 58 x 100mm / 40” x 2.28” x 3.94” (Soundbar); 305 x 440 x 305mm / 12” x 17.3” x 12” (Subwoofer)|
|Weight||2.85KG (Soundbar); 10.62Kg (Subwoofer)|
Control Connect Specifications
|USB port||Type A|
|USB rating||5V DC, 0.5A|
|Supporting file format||mp3, wav|
|Bluetooth profile||A2DP V1.3, AVRCP V1.5|
|Bluetooth frequency range||2402MHz - 2480MHz|
|Bluetooth Max. transmitting power||<11dBm (EIRP)|
|Modulation Type||GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK|
|Wi-Fi network||IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz)|
|2.4G Wi-Fi frequency range||2412 – 2472MHz (2.4GHz ISM Band, USA 11 Channels, Europe and others 13 Channels)|
|2.4G Wi-Fi Max. transmitting power||<20dBm|
|Modulation Type||DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK, QPSK, BPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM|
|5G Wi-Fi frequency range||5.15 - 5.35GHz, 5.725 - 5.825GHz|
|5G Wi-Fi Max. transmitting power||<22dBm|
|Modulation Type||QPSK, BPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, 256QAM|
|5G Wireless frequency range||5161.35 - 5245.35MHz, 5736.35 - 5820.35MHz|
|5G Max. transmitting power||<9dBm (EIRP)|
|Modulation Type||π/4 DQPSK|
Documents & Downloads
FAQs & How-Tos
How to connect to your WiFi networkYou can enjoy streaming your favorite music over WiFi to your JBL BAR 5.1 Surround by adding it to your network.
Connecting to WiFi
- Turn on your soundbar.
- Download the Google Home app to your phone.
- Available on Android and Apple.
- Enable Bluetooth, Location services on your Android device.
- Enable Bluetooth on your Apple device.
- Open Google Home app
- Follow the instructions given in the app.
How To Manual Update Software: BAR 5.1 Surround
- Press and hold the [VOL- ] and [SOURCE] buttons simultaneously. The software version will scroll across the front display.
- If a newer software version is available, download it from the JBL website.
- Copy the two files to the Root directory of an empty USB thumb drive.
- On the bar, press and hold the [POWER] and [SOURCE] buttons for more than 10 seconds. This will reset the BAR 5.1 Surround.
- Insert the USB thumb drive into the USB port on the rear panel of the bar.
- On the bar, press and hold the [POWER] and [VOL-] buttons for more than 10 seconds to begin the software update process.
- "UPDATING" will appear on the front display of the bar.
- Wait for the software update to complete. The unit will reboot and go back to standby.
- Turn unit on.
- Press and hold the [VOL- ] and [SOURCE] buttons simultaneously. The new software version will scroll across the front display.
What is the distance between wall-mounts on JBL BAR soundbars
The distance between wall-mounts centers are: JBL BAR Studio: 45 cm. JBL BAR 2.1: 70 cm. JBL BAR 3.1: 70 cm. JBL BAR 5.1: 61 cm JBL BAR 5.1 Surround: 71.85 cm JBL BAR 9.1: 55,5 cm
How To Check Software VersionTo find out the software version, press and hold the [VOL- ] and [SOURCE] buttons simultaneously. The software version will scroll across the front display.
Adding Amazon AccountIf you have already setup your JBL BAR 5.1 SURROUND with Google Home or AirPlay, you can now sign into your Amazon account via the JBL BAR Setup App. Just download the app and follow the instructions.
How To Use Alexa MRM (Multi-Room Music) on Wi-Fi
- On an Android or iOS device, add the Soundbar to your home WiFi network through the JBL BAR Setup App.
- Follow the App instructions to complete setup.
- Sign in with your Amazon Alexa account. If you do not have, create one.
- With the Alexa MRM multi-room music playback, you can stream music on your Android or iOS devices to multiple Amazon Alexa speakers.
How to restore factory default settings on your deviceWith our JBL BAR 5.1 Surround there is two types of resets, one is to reset the WiFi settings and last one is to restore factory default settings.
Let us walk through each one of them.
Resetting WiFi settings
- Turn on your JBL BAR 5.1 Surround.
- Press and hold POWER button down for more than 10 seconds.
- All of your WiFi configuration is lost and you need to reinstall it again.
Resetting to Factory default settings
- Turn on your JBL BAR 5.1 Surround
- Press and hold POWER and SOURCE button for 3 seconds.
- Your device is now reset.
BAR 5.1 SURROUND: Software Update Release NotesBAR 5.1 SURROUND
Software Update Release Notes
Release Date: December 18, 2020
IOS App version: 1.0.8813
- Improves Soundbar HDMI ARC inter-operability
- Enables Alexa MRM (Multi-Room Music) functionality.
- Download the “JBL BAR Setup” App onto your Android or iOS smartphone/tablet to setup WiFi and link it to your Alexa account to enjoy this new feature.
Android App version: 1.0.8924
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Talk to a product expert
Call us now at: (800) 336-4525
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 11:00 pm (EST)
Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST)
Chat With Us
Mon - Fri - 9:00 a.m 11:00 p.m (E.T)
Sat - Sun - 9:00 a.m 5:00 p.m (E.T)