JBL Boombox 3
|Maximum music playing time (hrs)||24|
|Output power (W)||1x80W RMS-subwoofer + 2x40W RMS-midrange + 2x10W RMS-tweeter (AC mode) 1x60W RMS-subwoofer + 2x30W RMS-midrange + 2x8W RMS-tweeter (Battery mode)|
|Dynamic frequency response range (Hz)||40 Hz - 20k Hz|
|Dimensions (cm)||48.2 x 25.7 x 20.0|
|Dimensions (in)||19.0 x 10.1 x 7.9|
Control Connect Specifications
|Bluetooth profiles||A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6|
|Bluetooth frequency||2.402GHz - 2.480GHz|
|Bluetooth transmitted modulation||GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK|
|Bluetooth transmitter power||≤ 9 dBm (EIRP)|
Documents & Downloads
Quick Start Guide
What’s in the Box
- 1 x JBL Boombox 3
- AC power cord (AC plug and quantity varies by region)
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
- 1 x Safety sheet
- 1 x Warranty card
FAQs & How-Tos
NOTE: Speakers effected by this are the JBL Flip 5, JBL Flip 6, JBL Charge 5, JBL Pulse 4, JBL Xtreme 3, and JBL Boombox 2, as well as all future products featuring the PartyBoost feature.
2. Press the Partyboost button on the first speaker.
3. Turn on the second speaker that you want to connect in Partyboost mode.
4. Now press the Partyboost button on the second speaker.
5. After a few seconds, both Partyboost speakers should connect and play together.
It can take a few seconds after music is started before sound will be heard from both speakers.
This is also the process for connecting more than two speakers in Party mode, simply turn on the other compatible speakers and press the Partyboost buttons.
• Try to shutdown other products that have Bluetooth, but are not being used. They are often the reason for interference even though they are not being used.
• Do not stand too close to your Wi-Fi router since a Wi-Fi signal is stronger and in many cases will "overlap" the connection.
• Be aware of walls around you. Concrete and brick walls will often interrupt the signal, as it cannot pass through such thick walls.
• Bluetooth signals cannot travel through water, which includes the human body. Make sure with wireless headphones to keep your source device and the receiver on the same side of your body.
• Open spaces such as parks can cause issues for your devices, as open air is "bad" for any Bluetooth signal if it cannot reflect from objects around you.
This unit is IPX7 rated, which means that you can submerge the unit in water as deep as 3 feet (1 meter) for up to 30 minutes.
Portable speakers with an Aux-in port, such as the Xtreme 3 and Boombox 3 - if connected through an Aux cable, should have less issues compared to using Bluetooth, however there can be issues with audio/video synchronization if used for this purpose.
Support for Bluetooth connectivity between a TV and speaker depends on a number of different factors such as Bluetooth & A2DP versions and Audio Codecs used by each device. This can vary based on the brand, model and age of the devices, however we cannot confirm if any specific combination of TV and speaker will work without issues such as latency or lip sync delay.
Software Update Release Notes
Software Version: V0.3.0.0
Version (iOS): N/A
Version (Android): N/A
Release Date: July 27, 2022
Release Media: OTA (over the air) via JBL Portable App
- Fixed Issue: Red LED keeps flashing after powering off the device
- Fixed Issue: Battery indicator LEDs do not change when charging an external device via USB-A port
- Fixed Issue: Charging LED keeps flashing after speaker is fully charged
- Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements
The new PartyBoost does not support the previous Connect and Connect+ features. For example: You will not be able to successfully connect the new PartyBoost enabled Flip 5 with a Connect+ enabled speaker like the Pulse 3 or Flip 4. You will not be able to connect the Boombox 2 to the original Boombox speaker.
1. Turn on both speakers.
2. Connect your device to one of the two speakers via Bluetooth.
3. Start streaming music to that speaker (for best results play music on this speaker for more than 20 seconds before proceeding with the next steps).
4. Open the JBL Portable app.
5. Allow the app to detect the single speaker playing music.
6. Once detected, press the Connect/Partyboost button on both speakers.
7. Allow the app to identify both speakers.
8. Click the Partyboost button, you will see the option for Party or Stereo, select Stereo.
Please note: Stereo Mode can only be enabled when 2 of the same speaker model are used.
For example, you will not be able to achieve Stereo Mode with a Flip 5 and Flip 6, only Party Mode.
Also, it is not possible to pair speaker models with Connect and Connect+ together, or pair to speaker models with Partyboost.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Talk to a product expert
Call us now at: +(662) 2560020
Mon - Fri - 9:00 a.m 6:00 p.m