JBL PartyBox 100
|Maximum music playing time (hrs)||12|
|Output power (W)||160|
|Dynamic frequency response range (Hz)||45Hz-18kHz|
|Dimensions (cm)||28.8 x 55.1 x 29|
|Dimensions (in)||11.3 x 21.7 x 11.4|
Control Connect Specifications
Documents & Downloads
Quick Start Guide
What’s in the Box
- 1 x JBL Party Speaker
- 1 x AC Power Code (AC Plug varies by Region)
- 1 x Quick-Start Guide
- 1 x Warranty Card
- 1 x Safety Sheet
FAQs & How-Tos
Singing while playing Bluetooth music
You can have your own Karaoke party with your JBL Partybox. Simply connect your Microphone (only included with the Partybox On The Go) and connect your mobile device over Bluetooth, then start playing music and sing along, it is that simple!
How to create a Bluetooth connection with your mobile device
- Press the button on the Partybox to start the pairing process.
- Grab your device.
- Go to settings --> Bluetooth --> Enable Bluetooth -->
- Find the Partybox speaker you want to establish a Bluetooth connection to.
- You now have a successful connection and can stream your favorite music.
- NOTE: It is only possible to have two devices connected at the same time and if you want to listen through the second Bluetooth device then stop the current one from playing and use the second device.
- To stop Bluetooth broadcasting then insert a USB device.
Connecting to your Car
It is very simple to connect to your Car with the JBL Partybox 200 or 300. Use the included cable that connects through the cigarette connector in your Car and power on the Partybox! Please note that the 12V connection does not charge the battery in the Partybox 300 - it will only power the Partybox when in use. To charge the battery, it will have to be plugged into AC power ( 110 - 230V )
Is my Partybox Supported by the JBL Partybox App?This model is not supported by the JBL Partybox App.
Battery and Charging Issues
Many Harman Kardon, JBL and AKG products run on rechargeable batteries. In most cases, these batteries will provide years of excellent service and keep the music playing for many hours.
WARNING – the rechargeable batteries inside our products are not user-serviceable. Please do not attempt to open the product or replace the battery. Doing so will void your warranty.
Battery issues fall into three categories:
Your speaker or headphones run out of power after only a short time.
The speaker will not play at all because the battery will not hold a charge.
When you plug in the cable to charge your speaker, sometimes it charges and sometimes it does not- the red charging LED or other indicator might not come on.
Here are some things to try that often fix these issues.
It could be as simple as a bad USB charging cable. If you have other charging cables, give them a try. (Be sure that the cable has the same type of connector as the original one that came with your product.)
Same for the charger- if your product charges by USB, try a different USB charger. Be sure that it is rated at least 2.0a (2 amps) output.
Try other electrical outlets at your location to be certain it is not a local wiring issue.
Charge the product overnight for at least 8 hours.
When you plug the charging cable into the speaker or headphones, is the connector stable, or can it be wiggled around? If it can be wiggled, this could indicate that the charging port has been damaged or come loose. Sometimes wiggling the connection restores charging power.
IMPORTANT: Some products such as Xtreme, Xtreme 2, Boombox, Partybox 100 & 300, GO+Play and the Onyx Studio series do not use USB charging. Instead, they have a specialized charger. Do not attempt to charge these products with other cables or chargers.
If none of these fixes the issue, it could be that the battery has died or is losing its capacity, or that the charging connector on your speaker is damaged. Please contact us so we can assist you. Be sure to mention that you have tried the steps in this Battery & Charging FAQ so that our agents do not ask you to repeat these steps.
PartyBox TWS InformationIt is possible to pair two of the same model of JBL PartyBox speakers together through TWS (True Wireless Stereo) mode.
Connect just the left PartyBox with the chosen device first, with the right PartyBox turned off. The speaker that is connected first will automatically be the left channel. Now turn the right PartyBox on and continue with TWS pairing (detailed below).
A button (L/R) on the rear of the speakers is used to assign the correct channel to the speakers after pairing is made.
In order to activate TWS mode, press and hold the Bluetooth button on the first speaker until the notification chime sounds, about 5 seconds. Then press and hold the Bluetooth button on the second speaker until the notification chime sounds (as seen below). TWS mode is now activated. To disable TWS, press and hold the Bluetooth button on either speaker, or power off one speaker.
Press the buttons labelled TWS on both speakers to connect the speakers in TWS mode (pictured in item 2 in the image below, with two speakers on the button).
TWS can be activated and deactivated remotely in the JBL Partybox app, in addition to assigning the left and right channels to the correct speakers.
Once the TWS connection is setup, it will be in Stereo mode by default if both speakers are the same model, otherwise the speakers will be in Party mode by default if different Partybox models are used. You can also switch between Stereo and Party mode in the JBL PartyBox app if two of the same Partybox models are used.
Please note: In order to achieve TWS mode, the speaker must be the same model with the exception of the PartyBox 200 and PartyBox 300 which can be paired together via TWS. You cannot achieve TWS with a PartyBox 1000 and a PartyBox 300. You cannot achieve TWS with a PartyBox 100 and PartyBox 200. However, it is possible to connect a maximum of two of either the Partybox 110, 310, 710 or Encore/Essential together in Party mode - the two speakers then do not need to be the same model, but Stereo mode will not be possible.
How to Reset to Factory Settings
Resetting the Partybox to Factory Settings
- Press and hold "Play/Pause" and "Volume +" down for > 10 seconds.
- The JBL Partybox will power off and back on and is now reset.
How to play music through using a USB stick
- Get an empty stick with speed of 2.0.
- Make sure it is formatted with FAT16 or FAT32.
- Your Music files can only be: (32-320kbit/s), (32-320kbit/s) and (44.1K/48K/192K).
- The Partybox supports up to 8 subfolders.
- It will be played in alphabetic sequence with main folders first then subfolders.
- To skip songs forward, double press the Play/Pause button. To skip back, triple press the Play/Pause button.
How to find the software version
Finding the software version
- Press and hold the 'Volume-' and 'Bass Boost' buttons for 5 seconds.
- A voice will start prompting numbers which indicates the current software version.
TWS Mode Capabilities and Restrictions
You can connect two of the same Partybox models (e.g. 2 x Partybox 310, or 2 x Partybox 100) together in TWS Mode by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button on both speakers for 5 seconds, or by pressing the dedicated TWS buttons on the rear panels of both speakers on the Partybox 110, 310 and 710. It is possible to pair two different Partybox models together using a wired connection (e.g. 1 x Partybox 310 and 1 x Partybox 100). It is also possible to pair two Partybox different models wirelessly in Party mode, however this is only possible with the newer Partybox models - the Partybox 110, 310 and 710. The Partybox 200 & 300 can be paired in TWS mode as they are the same model apart from the presence of a battery in the Partybox 300. If you connect an instrument or microphone to one Partybox speaker while using TWS, the instrument or microphone connected to one speaker will be reproduced by this speaker alone. You will not hear the instrument or microphone in both speakers. If it is necessary to have instruments reproduced by two or more PartyBox speakers, it is possible to use an RCA or aux cable – connected from the RCA, aux or daisy chain outputs on the speaker that the instrument or microphone is connected to, wired to the RCA, aux or daisy chain input of the secondary speaker. Alternatively a small mixing console can be used - connecting audio sources to this mixer and sending the mixed audio signal to the speakers with a wired connection.
Which Connections are Possible
Connecting a USB stick
- You can enjoy music from your USB Stick directly into the Partybox device.
- Insert the Stick into theport, located on the back of your Partybox.
- The USB Stick has to be formatted FAT16 or FAT 32 and supports MP3, WAVE and WMA Music files.
- It will start automatically playing the content on your USB stick.
- You can connect any devices through the analog connection
- Use an analog cable (Not included in the box) and connect your device.
- Press play on your external device and enjoy the music!
RCA Connection (*Partybox 200/300/1000 Only)
- The Partybox features both Input and Output RCA connection.
- Connect your RCA cable (not included) to either one of the ports.
- You can use it with your DVD/BlueRay player or AVR system.
Guitar and Microphone
- Connect your to the dedicated port or connect your electric to the
- You can mix sound or make your own karaoke party with your Partybox.
- Sing or play through your devices.
- To adjust the volume of the audio source, press volume+ or volume- buttons.
- To adjust the volume of the microphone or guitar, rotate the or
Charging external devices
- Whenever your mobile device needs some extra power, the Partybox can help you!
- Featuring a USB Charging port for both Music (USB on a stick) or when you need to charge your device.
- Simply connect your device to the port and start charging.
- NOTE: The Partybox 200 needs to be connected to AC power all the time to charge or function as a speaker.
- The Party 300/310 has a battery and can charge any device without needing AC power (unless the product's battery is depleted then you need to recharge via AC power).
There are many ways to enjoy your JBL Partybox On-The-Go, 100, 200, 300, 310 & 1000. The options are endless and you are in control of the party