JBL Boombox 2
Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Getting started with your JBL Boombox 2
Documents & Downloads
- Output power (W)
- 2 x 40 W RMS-woofer + 2 x 40 W RMS-tweeter
- Dynamic frequency response range (Hz)
- 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dimensions (in)
- 19.1 x 7.9 x 10.1
- Dimensions (cm)
- 48.5 x 20.1 x 25.7
- Weight (kgs)
- Weight (lbs)
- Bluetooth profiles
- A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
- Bluetooth frequency
- 2.402 GHz – 2.480 GHz
- Bluetooth transmitted modulation
- GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Bluetooth transmitter power
- ≤ 10 dBm (EIRP)
- Bluetooth version
- Charging time (hrs)
- Maximum music playing time (hrs)
- JBL PartyBoost
- Charging cable
- 3.5 mm audio cable Input
- Rechargable battery
Massive Sound. All Day Long.
Own the party. From backyard barbecues to weekend road trips, JBL Boombox 2 brings it with monstrous bass, bold design and up to 24 hours of play time. IPX7 waterproof and portable, this powerful speaker pumps out massive sound all day and all night. Plus, you can connect other JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers to turn the party up. JBL Boombox 2 keeps your friends dancing and its built-in powerbank keeps your devices charged. So you can groove from dusk till dawn and keep going strong!
FAQs & How-Tos
A new firmware version has been released for the Boombox 2 (Version 0.4.4.0), below is a list of improvements:
1. Improvements to Bluetooth connection stability.
2. Support for PartyBoost under aux-in connection.
3. Improvements for switching between PartyBoost and Stereo mode.
4. Improvements to firmware update stability with iOS.
5. Improvements to the stability of switching music between aux-in and Bluetooth connection.
The firmware update is installed as an OTA update:
1. Download and install the JBL Portable app from the Google Play/App Store, or simply update the app if you have already downloaded it.
2. Connect your Boombox 2 to your phone/tablet through Bluetooth.
3. Open the JBL Portable app and wait for the Boombox 2 to appear.
4. On the Boombox 2 screen, select settings (gear cog symbol).
5. Proceed with installing the firmware update.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
In power ON mode press and hold the "Volume +" and "Play" buttons at the same time for more than 3 seconds -> Unit will power Off by itself. Now the unit is reset to factory default.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
The new Boombox 2 does not feature the Indoor/Outdoor Mode. With the first generation Boombox, the Outdoor Mode was loud, but lacking sufficient bass. The Boombox 2 has both improved bass and loudness to create the perfect balanced sound for all environments.
Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
You cannot download the JBL Portable App on a PC. This app is only available on mobile devices.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
Your JBL speaker is waterproof with IPX7 rating. (IPX7 means it can survive immersion in 1 meter/3.3 feet for up to 30 minutes.) To maintain the looks and functions of your speaker, please make sure to rinse it with fresh water after using it at a swimming pool or the ocean, then dry off all covers and areas where water can gather. The standard for waterproofing is for tap water. Chemicals and salt in your pool or the ocean can damage the waterproof seals or harm the surface finish over time if not rinsed off after use.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
In most cases when a Computer/PC/Laptop has issues connecting to a Bluetooth device (Portable speaker, Headphones, Active speakers), it's caused by your Computer/PC/Laptop's Bluetooth driver (software).
The driver (software) should support the following Bluetooth protocols, to be able to play music/sound from your Computer/PC/Laptop:
• A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) driver for your Computer/PC/Headphones to transfer music.
• AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) driver to send skip/forward/pause/play music to your device
Always get the latest driver version available for your Computer/PC/Laptop.
To download the correct driver (software), visit the manufacturer's website of your Computer/PC/Laptop. They usually have a "Support/Download" section where you can find the correct driver. Otherwise, we advise you to contact their support.
The standard drivers provided by Microsoft/Windows system are not correct and will result in error messages (such as having to enter a PIN code), or pairing will not work.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
This unit is IPX7 rated, which means that you can submerge the unit in water as deep as 3 feet (1 meter) for up to 30 minutes.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
When I connect my JBL speaker with a computer (PC/Laptop/Apple Mac/Nintendo Switch), can I use the PartyBoost feature?The PartyBoost feature is not available when your JBL speaker is connected to a computer via Bluetooth. This is a technical limitation. When connected to a computer, the computer is acting as the primary device. Therefore, the JBL speaker does not have control of re-transmitting the Bluetooth signal to other JBL speakers.
NOTE: Speakers effected by this are the JBL Flip 5, JBL Flip 6, JBL Charge 5, JBL Pulse 4, JBL Xtreme 3, and JBL Boombox 2, as well as all future products featuring the PartyBoost feature.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!