JBL Xtreme 3
|Output power (W)||2 x 25W RMS woofer + 2 x 25W RMS tweeter|
|Dynamic frequency response range (Hz)||53.5 Hz - 20k Hz|
|Dimensions (in)||11.75 x 5.35 x 5.28|
|Dimensions (cm)||29.8 x 13.6 x 13.4|
Control Connect Specifications
|Bluetooth profiles||A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6|
|Bluetooth frequency||2400MHz - 2483.5 MHz|
|Bluetooth transmitted modulation||GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK|
Documents & Downloads
What’s in the Box
- JBL Xtreme 3 høyttaler
- JBL Adaptor med strømledning og plugg
- JBL Xtreme 3 bærestropp
FAQs & How-Tos
The new PartyBoost does not support the previous Connect and Connect+ features. For example: You will not be able to successfully connect the new PartyBoost enabled Flip 5 with a Connect+ enabled speaker like the Pulse 3 or Flip 4. You will not be able to connect the Boombox 2 to the original Boombox speaker.
NOTE: Speakers effected by this are the JBL Flip 5, JBL Flip 6, JBL Charge 5, JBL Pulse 4, JBL Xtreme 3, and JBL Boombox 2, as well as all future products featuring the PartyBoost feature.
Portable speakers with an Aux-in port, such as the Xtreme 3 and Boombox 3 - if connected through an Aux cable, should have less issues compared to using Bluetooth, however there can be issues with audio/video synchronization if used for this purpose.
Support for Bluetooth connectivity between a TV and speaker depends on a number of different factors such as Bluetooth & A2DP versions and Audio Codecs used by each device. This can vary based on the brand, model and age of the devices, however we cannot confirm if any specific combination of TV and speaker will work without issues such as latency or lip sync delay.
2. Press the Partyboost button on the first speaker.
3. Turn on the second speaker that you want to connect in Partyboost mode.
4. Now press the Partyboost button on the second speaker.
5. After a few seconds, both Partyboost speakers should connect and play together.
It can take a few seconds after music is started before sound will be heard from both speakers.
This is also the process for connecting more than two speakers in Party mode, simply turn on the other compatible speakers and press the Partyboost buttons.
Software updates for your speaker can be done using the JBL Portable app.
Download it from the Apple App store and Google Play store.
If there is an available update, look for the small red dot above the gear icon and follow the download instructions (see image below).
If you have an issue with your device it is always worth checking if there is a Software update available and performing the installation if there is.
Software Update Release Notes
Software Version: V0.2.1.6
Version (iOS): V5.6.6
Version (Android): V5.6.6
Release Date: August 2, 2022
Release Media: OTA (over the air) via JBL Portable App
- Fixed audio drop with iOS 15.1 or later in PartyBoost mode
- Fixed the PartyBoost connection issue
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements
The driver (software) should support the following Bluetooth protocols, to be able to play music/sound from your Computer/PC/Laptop:
• A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) driver for your Computer/PC/Headphones to transfer music.
• AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) driver to send skip/forward/pause/play music to your device
Always get the latest driver version available for your Computer/PC/Laptop.
To download the correct driver (software), visit the manufacturer's website of your Computer/PC/Laptop. They usually have a "Support/Download" section where you can find the correct driver. Otherwise, we advise you to contact their support.
1. Turn on both speakers.
2. Connect your device to one of the two speakers via Bluetooth.
3. Start streaming music to that speaker (for best results play music on this speaker for more than 20 seconds before proceeding with the next steps).
4. Open the JBL Portable app.
5. Allow the app to detect the single speaker playing music.
6. Once detected, press the Connect/Partyboost button on both speakers.
7. Allow the app to identify both speakers.
8. Click the Partyboost button, you will see the option for Party or Stereo, select Stereo.
Please note: Stereo Mode can only be enabled when 2 of the same speaker model are used.
For example, you will not be able to achieve Stereo Mode with a Flip 5 and Flip 6, only Party Mode.
Also, it is not possible to pair speaker models with Connect and Connect+ together, or pair to speaker models with Partyboost.
• Try to shutdown other products that have Bluetooth, but are not being used. They are often the reason for interference even though they are not being used.
• Do not stand too close to your Wi-Fi router since a Wi-Fi signal is stronger and in many cases will "overlap" the connection.
• Be aware of walls around you. Concrete and brick walls will often interrupt the signal, as it cannot pass through such thick walls.
• Bluetooth signals cannot travel through water, which includes the human body. Make sure with wireless headphones to keep your source device and the receiver on the same side of your body.
• Open spaces such as parks can cause issues for your devices, as open air is "bad" for any Bluetooth signal if it cannot reflect from objects around you.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Call us now at:
+47 21 93 29 30
Monday - Friday: 09.00-17.00
We are here Monday – Sunday to answer you as fast as we can!Email us
Chat with us
Monday - Friday: 09.00-18.00
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00-16:00