JBL Boombox 2
|Maximum music playing time (hrs)||24|
|Output power (W)||2 x 40 W RMS-woofer + 2 x 40 W RMS-tweeter|
|Dynamic frequency response range (Hz)||50 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Dimensions (cm)||48.5 x 20.1 x 25.7|
|Dimensions (in)||19.1 x 7.9 x 10.1|
Control Connect Specifications
|Bluetooth profiles||A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6|
|Bluetooth frequency||2.402 GHz – 2.480 GHz|
|Bluetooth transmitted modulation||GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK|
Documents & Downloads
What’s in the Box
- 1 x JBL Boombox 2
- 1 x JBL strømadapter
- 1 x hurtigstartveiledning
- 1 x Garantikort
- 1 x sikkerhetsblad
FAQs & How-Tos
How to reset Boombox
In power ON mode press and hold the "Volume +" and "Play" buttons at the same time for more than 3 seconds -> Unit will power Off by itself. Now the unit is reset to factory default.
Setting up Multiple Partyboost Speakers in a Group1. Connect the first Partyboost speaker with your phone and keep music playing (for best results play music on this speaker for more than 20 seconds before proceeding with the next steps).
2. Press the Partyboost button on the first speaker.
3. Turn on the second speaker that you want to connect in Partyboost mode.
4. Now press the Partyboost button on the second speaker.
5. After a few seconds, both Partyboost speakers should connect and play together.
It can take a few seconds after music is started before sound will be heard from both speakers.
This is also the process for connecting more than two speakers in Party mode, simply turn on the other compatible speakers and press the Partyboost buttons.
JBL Portable App: PC Information
You cannot download the JBL Portable App on a PC. This app is only available on mobile devices.
Boombox 2 Firmware Version InformationA new firmware version has been released for the Boombox 2 (Version 0.4.4.0), below is a list of improvements:
1. Improvements to Bluetooth connection stability.
2. Support for PartyBoost under aux-in connection.
3. Improvements for switching between PartyBoost and Stereo mode.
4. Improvements to firmware update stability with iOS.
5. Improvements to the stability of switching music between aux-in and Bluetooth connection.
The firmware update is installed as an OTA update:
1. Download and install the JBL Portable app from the Google Play/App Store, or simply update the app if you have already downloaded it.
2. Connect your Boombox 2 to your phone/tablet through Bluetooth.
3. Open the JBL Portable app and wait for the Boombox 2 to appear.
4. On the Boombox 2 screen, select settings (gear cog symbol).
5. Proceed with installing the firmware update.
Does my Speaker have Speakerphone/Voice Assistant Functionality?This product does not feature speakerphone or voice assistant functionality as it does not have a microphone.
Waterproof Information (IPX7)
This unit is IPX7 rated, which means that you can submerge the unit in water as deep as 3 feet (1 meter) for up to 30 minutes.
My device is waterproof, but what about salt water or chlorine water?
Your JBL speaker is waterproof with IPX7 rating. (IPX7 means it can survive immersion in 1 meter/3.3 feet for up to 30 minutes.) To maintain the looks and functions of your speaker, please make sure to rinse it with fresh water after using it at a swimming pool or the ocean, then dry off all covers and areas where water can gather. The standard for waterproofing is for tap water. Chemicals and salt in your pool or the ocean can damage the waterproof seals or harm the surface finish over time if not rinsed off after use.
Upgrading the software on your PartyBoost or Connect+ Speaker
Software updates for your speaker can be done using the JBL Portable app.
Download it from the Apple App store and Google Play store.
If there is an available update, look for the small red dot above the gear icon and follow the download instructions (see image below).
If you have an issue with your device it is always worth checking if there is a Software update available and performing the installation if there is.
Setting up your Partyboost Speakers in Stereo Mode
1. Turn on both speakers.
2. Connect your device to one of the two speakers via Bluetooth.
3. Start streaming music to that speaker (for best results play music on this speaker for more than 20 seconds before proceeding with the next steps).
4. Open the JBL Portable app.
5. Allow the app to detect the single speaker playing music.
6. Once detected, press the Connect/Partyboost button on both speakers.
7. Allow the app to identify both speakers.
8. Click the Partyboost button, you will see the option for Party or Stereo, select Stereo.
Renaming of the JBL Connect App to JBL PortableThe JBL Connect app will be renamed as JBL Portable on the App Store and Google Play store in January 2021, it will still be possible to find the app in each store by searching for either JBL Connect or JBL Portable.
Battery Capacity SpecificationsThe Boombox 2 features the same battery capacity as the first generation Boombox. The Boombox 2 battery specs have recently been changed in measurement specifications but still provides up to 24 hours of audio playback.
Pairing issues with a Computer or PCIn most cases when a Computer/PC/Laptop has issues connecting to a Bluetooth device (Portable speaker, Headphones, Active speakers), it's caused by your Computer/PC/Laptop's Bluetooth driver (software).
The driver (software) should support the following Bluetooth protocols, to be able to play music/sound from your Computer/PC/Laptop:
• A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) driver for your Computer/PC/Headphones to transfer music.
• AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) driver to send skip/forward/pause/play music to your device
Always get the latest driver version available for your Computer/PC/Laptop.
To download the correct driver (software), visit the manufacturer's website of your Computer/PC/Laptop. They usually have a "Support/Download" section where you can find the correct driver. Otherwise, we advise you to contact their support.
The standard drivers provided by Microsoft/Windows system are not correct and will result in error messages (such as having to enter a PIN code), or pairing will not work.
The new Boombox 2 does not feature the Indoor/Outdoor Mode. With the first generation Boombox, the Outdoor Mode was loud, but lacking sufficient bass. The Boombox 2 has both improved bass and loudness to create the perfect balanced sound for all environments.
PartyBoost support on the JBL Connect and JBL Connect+
The new PartyBoost does not support the previous Connect and Connect+ features. For example: You will not be able to successfully connect the new PartyBoost enabled Flip 5 with a Connect+ enabled speaker like the Pulse 3 or Flip 4. You will not be able to connect the Boombox 2 to the original Boombox speaker.
Issues with the JBL Portable App and your Android device
There might be several reasons that our Portable app may not be working correctly on your Android device. First, your Android device must have 5.0 OS (Operating system) or higher to support JBL Connect app. Devices under 5.0 OS will not be supported. If you are having trouble viewing your JBL Portable device in the app, please disable Bluetooth, and then turn it back on again. Now you should be able to see your device in the JBL Portable app.
How to avoid Bluetooth Interference or Interruptions• Always have clear line of sight between your Bluetooth device (speaker, headphones etc.) and source device (Smartphone/tablet/PC etc). Be aware of obstacles in front of your devices.
• Try to shutdown other products that have Bluetooth, but are not being used. They are often the reason for interference even though they are not being used.
• Do not stand too close to your Wi-Fi router since a Wi-Fi signal is stronger and in many cases will "overlap" the connection.
• Be aware of walls around you. Concrete and brick walls will often interrupt the signal, as it cannot pass through such thick walls.
• Bluetooth signals cannot travel through water, which includes the human body. Make sure with wireless headphones to keep your source device and the receiver on the same side of your body.
• Open spaces such as parks can cause issues for your devices, as open air is "bad" for any Bluetooth signal if it cannot reflect from objects around you.
When I connect my JBL speaker with a computer (PC/Laptop/Apple Mac/Nintendo Switch), can I use the PartyBoost feature?The PartyBoost feature is not available when your JBL speaker is connected to a computer via Bluetooth. This is a technical limitation. When connected to a computer, the computer is acting as the primary device. Therefore, the JBL speaker does not have control of re-transmitting the Bluetooth signal to other JBL speakers.
NOTE: Speakers effected by this are the JBL Flip 5, JBL Flip 6, JBL Charge 5, JBL Pulse 4, JBL Xtreme 3, and JBL Boombox 2, as well as all future products featuring the PartyBoost feature.