How to find the MAC address
NOTE: Apple IOS users are not able to find their MAC address in Google Home app due to privacy policies in the USA and European market.We advise setting up your device on a less secure network. Log into the router and retrieve the MAC address for your device then add it to your preferred network.
Instructions below are for Android only
- Open your Google Home app
- Enable Bluetooth on your device.
- Enable Location service on your Android device.
- Remember to "Allow" Google Home to view your location while using the app (You are asked during setup of the Google Home app).
- In case you denied access go to Settings Apps Google Home Permissions Allow to view Location.
- When you at selecting the Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks, before tapping on your network you need to get the MAC address.
- Tap the located top right corner.
- In the pop-up menu press "Show MAC address" Write down the MAC Address.
You can now add the MAC address to your local Wireless router or system if your configuration requires this before installing the device on your network.
Finding the MAC address after speaker is installed
Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!Learn how to troubleshoot when you can’t connect your Google Assistant device to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Open your Google Home app .
- Tap on to view your home.
- Find your room .
- In the top right corner tap Settings icon .
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. You will see some system information and the MAC address as well.
Let us walk-through a list of things needed to ensure every requirement is met.
- Check your mobile device if that is able to connect to same Wireless network.
- Make sure you are within range of your Wireless router.
- Check the Wireless signal on your mobile device, does it have a weak signal then move closer to the router.
- Try both Wireless network bands 2.4GHz and 5GHz in case one of them are failing.
- You will have longer range with 2.4GHz, but less performance and most of the times a crowded network (many devices are using 2.4GHz band).
- You will have less interference with 5GHz and higher performance, however, the range of the 5GHz network has shorter range.
- Try using a different mobile device, if you have one.
- Reboot your Wireless network router and your mobile device.
Wireless Network Extender
Some houses or apartments can be too big for one Wireless network router to cover it all.
Let's talk about the issues that might appear with an Extender network.
- Network Extenders that will help cover poor signal in your home, often results in poor connection and low speed performance.
- Often the Network Extender is a low budget device or not suited for having too many devices attached to it.
- Placement of the speaker is crucial as you can put it in a place where it could connect to either main Wireless router or the Extender, that will confuse Wireless network devices.
- To solve this issue, try move the speaker closer to main router or have fewer devices attached to your Wireless Extender.
- In addition, always use 5GHz connection between your Network extender and main router (best solution and performance).
One Wireless Network Name (SSID)
- You may have set the Wireless Network SSID (Wi-Fi network name) to one big Wireless network (With a main router + Extender(s).
- If the JBL LINK device is within range of both Wireless networks (Main router & Extender) then it can get confused with which one to connect to.
- To solve this issue, using two different name for your extended network will help with the performance of the JBL LINK Speaker and Google Assistant request.
Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!What does the Sound Calibration function do?The calibration sound setup process ensures the soundbar delivers the best 3D surround effects for any interior and room layout.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!How to reconnect the subwoofer(1) On the subwoofer's rear panel, press and hold the pairing button until the LED turns fast, flashing white.
(2) To enter the subwoofer pairing mode on the soundbar, press and hold the bass button on the remote control for more than three seconds. Then, press VOL - on the remote control.
On the soundbar LED display:
→ "SUB PAIRING": The subwoofer is ready for pairing.
→ "SUB PAIRED": The subwoofer is connected.Was this helpful? Thank you for your feedback!