JBL Boombox 2
|Maximum music playing time (hrs)||24|
|Output power (W)||2 x 40 W RMS-woofer + 2 x 40 W RMS-tweeter|
|Dynamic frequency response range (Hz)||50 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Dimensions (cm)||48.5 x 20.1 x 25.7|
|Dimensions (in)||19.1 x 7.9 x 10.1|
Control Connect Specifications
|Bluetooth profiles||A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6|
|Bluetooth frequency||2.402 GHz – 2.480 GHz|
|Bluetooth transmitted modulation||GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK|
|Bluetooth transmitter power||≤ 10 dBm (EIRP)|
Documents & Downloads
Quick Start Guide
What’s in the Box
- 1 x JBL Boombox 2
- 1 x JBL branded power adaptor
- 1 x Quick-Start Guide
- 1 x Safety sheet
- 1 x Warranty card
FAQs & How-Tos
Boombox 2 Firmware Version InformationA new firmware version has been released for the Boombox 2 (Version 0.4.4.0), below is a list of improvements:
1. Improvements to Bluetooth connection stability.
2. Support for PartyBoost under aux-in connection.
3. Improvements for switching between PartyBoost and Stereo mode.
4. Improvements to firmware update stability with iOS.
5. Improvements to the stability of switching music between aux-in and Bluetooth connection.
The firmware update is installed as an OTA update:
1. Download and install the JBL Portable app from the Google Play/App Store, or simply update the app if you have already downloaded it.
2. Connect your Boombox 2 to your phone/tablet through Bluetooth.
3. Open the JBL Portable app and wait for the Boombox 2 to appear.
4. On the Boombox 2 screen, select settings (gear cog symbol).
5. Proceed with installing the firmware update.
How to reset Boombox
In power ON mode press and hold the "Volume +" and "Play" buttons at the same time for more than 3 seconds -> Unit will power Off by itself. Now the unit is reset to factory default.
Waterproof Information (IPX7)
This unit is IPX7 rated, which means that you can submerge the unit in water as deep as 3 feet (1 meter) for up to 30 minutes.
JBL Portable App: PC Information
You cannot download the JBL Portable App on a PC. This app is only available on mobile devices.
PartyBoost support on the JBL Connect and JBL Connect+
The new PartyBoost does not support the previous Connect and Connect+ features. For example: You will not be able to successfully connect the new PartyBoost enabled Flip 5 with a Connect+ enabled speaker like the Pulse 3 or Flip 4. You will not be able to connect the Boombox 2 to the original Boombox speaker.
Issues with the JBL Portable App and your Android device
There might be several reasons that our Portable app may not be working correctly on your Android device. First, your Android device must have 5.0 OS (Operating system) or higher to support JBL Connect app. Devices under 5.0 OS will not be supported. If you are having trouble viewing your JBL Portable device in the app, please disable Bluetooth, and then turn it back on again. Now you should be able to see your device in the JBL Portable app.