Tune 225TWS Ghost Edition
|Ear tip material||Silicon|
|Driver size (mm)||12|
|Driver sensitivity at 1kHz/1mW (dB)||105|
|Dynamic frequency response range (Hz)||20 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Number of drivers per ear||1|
|Charging Case Weight (oz)||1.8|
|Earpiece Weight (oz)||0.3|
|Charging Case Weight (g)||49.7|
|Earpiece Weight (g)||9.8|
Control Connect Specifications
|Bluetooth profiles||A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.5, HFP 1.7|
|Bluetooth frequency||2.402 GHz – 2.48 GHz|
|Bluetooth transmitted modulation||GFSK, π/4DQPSK, 8DPSK|
|Bluetooth transmitter power||0 - 12dbm|
Documents & Downloads
What’s in the Box
- 1 x JBL Tune 225TWS Ghost Edition
- 1 x Type-C USB charging cable
- 1 x Charging case
- 1 x Quick Start Guide / Safety Sheet (S / i)
- 1 x Warranty / Warning (W / !)
FAQs & How-Tos
How to Turn off your TWS Headphones
1. Put the earbuds back into the charging case and close the lid. 2. Press and hold the buttons on both the left and right earbuds for more than 2 seconds. Alternatively, only press and hold one of the buttons to just turn off the left or right earbud as required. 3. Use the Auto-off function via the JBL Headphone app (Only applicable for headphones supported in our JBL Headphone app).
How to Factory Reset True Wireless Stereo Headphones
Place both ear pods in the charging box, while the charging box is plugged into a power source. Press and hold the button on the Right pod for about 5 seconds. The LED on the pod will turn off and then turn back on again. This restores to factory defaults. (Please note that charging must take place for reset to work.) It also may be necessary to remove or forget the earbuds from the list of paired Bluetooth devices in order to pair again.
Pairing issues with a Computer or PCIn most cases when a Computer/PC/Laptop has issues connecting to a Bluetooth device (Portable speaker, Headphones, Active speakers), it's caused by your Computer/PC/Laptop's Bluetooth driver (software).
The driver (software) should support the following Bluetooth protocols, to be able to play music/sound from your Computer/PC/Laptop:
• A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) driver for your Computer/PC/Headphones to transfer music.
• AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) driver to send skip/forward/pause/play music to your device
Always get the latest driver version available for your Computer/PC/Laptop.
To download the correct driver (software), visit the manufacturer's website of your Computer/PC/Laptop. They usually have a "Support/Download" section where you can find the correct driver. Otherwise, we advise you to contact their support.
The standard drivers provided by Microsoft/Windows system are not correct and will result in error messages (such as having to enter a PIN code), or pairing will not work.
Headphones & Third Party Communication Apps (Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp, etc)
If you are experiencing issues getting the app to communicate with your headphones, (assuming you have already paired the headphones with the device) go into the communication apps audio settings. You will likely find the resolution there. You may have to set your headphones as the ‘communication device’ within the app you are using.