JBL Charge 4
|Mål (inch)||8.7 x 3.7 x 3.7|
|Mål (cm)||22.1 x 9.4 x 9.4|
Control Connect Specifications
|Bluetooth-profiler||A2DP V1.3, AVRCP V1.6|
|Bluetooth-frekvens||2.402 – 2.480GHz|
|Bluetooth sender-modulation||GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK|
Documents & Downloads
What’s in the Box
- 1 x JBL Charge 4
- 1 x type C USB-kabel
- 1 x lynstartguide
- 1 x garantikort
- 1 x sikkerhedsark
FAQs & How-Tos
The new PartyBoost does not support the previous Connect and Connect+ features. For example: You will not be able to successfully connect the new PartyBoost enabled Flip 5 with a Connect+ enabled speaker like the Pulse 3 or Flip 4. You will not be able to connect the Boombox 2 to the original Boombox speaker.
If you are having trouble with distortion or drop out, try the following suggestions:
Move the audio source closer to the speakers
Move the speakers closer to each other
Make sure the streaming speaker (host) only connects to one audio source, disconnect the Bluetooth connection between the streaming speaker (host) and other audio source
Make sure the audio source only connects with one streaming speaker (host), disconnect the Bluetooth connection between the audio source and other speakers
Restart both your speakers and the audio source
Make sure speakers are away from other sources of wireless signal – you could be experiencing interference
Re-pair the audio source with your speaker
If you’re streaming audio content from the internet, the issue could be with the internet connection and not your speaker
Portable speakers with an Aux-in port, such as the Xtreme 3 and Boombox 3 - if connected through an Aux cable, should have less issues compared to using Bluetooth, however there can be issues with audio/video synchronization if used for this purpose.
Support for Bluetooth connectivity between a TV and speaker depends on a number of different factors such as Bluetooth & A2DP versions and Audio Codecs used by each device. This can vary based on the brand, model and age of the devices, however we cannot confirm if any specific combination of TV and speaker will work without issues such as latency or lip sync delay.
This unit is IPX7 rated, which means that you can submerge the unit in water as deep as 3 feet (1 meter) for up to 30 minutes.
2. Once the app is downloaded choose app and wait for it to recognize your device.
3. Now that your speaker is highlighted, choose the gear located either below or to the right of the speaker image.
4. Once you choose the gear you will have the option to edit the name by clicking on the small pencil icon.
5. After you change the name, you will see a notification stating to "Reconnect to Apply New Name"
6. Go to your Bluetooth settings select "Forget This Device" and then reconnect to establish the new speaker name.
If there are drop out or connection issues when using PartyBoost or Connect+, it could be one of three things.
1. Units are too far apart (move units closer together)
2. Interference from other 2.4gHz wireless units in the area.
3. Unit is no longer working as designed
Here are some steps to isolate the issue:
Try taking the units out of the house and test it outside with no interference to see if you still experience connectivity issues. If you still experience connectivity issues, please try steps below:
Whatever unit drops off, remove that from the chain. Test the rest of the speakers and keep doing it until you find the speaker that is causing the drop outs. If all speakers begin to drop off, please try a different order and repeat. Repeat this process with each unit being the “main speaker”.
Make sure to turn off all WiFi/RF devices. (Router, laptop, baby monitor, Nest cams, IP cams, WiFi switches, WiFi outlets, WiFi lights, cordless phones, etc.)
You should be able to identify the issue/speaker by following these steps.
- Improved Bluetooth connection between speakers.
- A more powerful Bluetooth transmitter means that the speakers can be farther apart.
- Partyboost can only connect to other Partyboost speakers.
Unfortunately, this feature is not backwards compatible with previous models that have JBL Connect or Connect+.
Software updates for your speaker can be done using the JBL Portable app.
Download it from the Apple App store and Google Play store.
If there is an available update, look for the small red dot above the gear icon and follow the download instructions (see image below).
If you have an issue with your device it is always worth checking if there is a Software update available and performing the installation if there is.
The driver (software) should support the following Bluetooth protocols, to be able to play music/sound from your Computer/PC/Laptop:
• A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) driver for your Computer/PC/Headphones to transfer music.
• AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) driver to send skip/forward/pause/play music to your device
Always get the latest driver version available for your Computer/PC/Laptop.
To download the correct driver (software), visit the manufacturer's website of your Computer/PC/Laptop. They usually have a "Support/Download" section where you can find the correct driver. Otherwise, we advise you to contact their support.
• Try to shutdown other products that have Bluetooth, but are not being used. They are often the reason for interference even though they are not being used.
• Do not stand too close to your Wi-Fi router since a Wi-Fi signal is stronger and in many cases will "overlap" the connection.
• Be aware of walls around you. Concrete and brick walls will often interrupt the signal, as it cannot pass through such thick walls.
• Bluetooth signals cannot travel through water, which includes the human body. Make sure with wireless headphones to keep your source device and the receiver on the same side of your body.
• Open spaces such as parks can cause issues for your devices, as open air is "bad" for any Bluetooth signal if it cannot reflect from objects around you.
First download the JBL Portable App from the App store or Google Play store to your mobile device.
Then connect to the speaker by Bluetooth.
Open the JBL Portable App and select settings to check and install the new Software version.
The red dot indicates the presence of an update (see image below).
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Call us now at:
Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 17:00
We are here Monday – Sunday to answer you as fast as we can!Email us
Chat with us
Monday - Friday: 09.00-18.00
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00-16:00